The heart of the NT400 is an intuitive 5.7-inch color touchscreen that provides easy navigation to multiple options, including a Camera Screen that displays live video feeds and captures images from up to 20 network cameras. This allows users to monitor remote locations or see who's at the front door and even control camera pan, tilt and zoom directly from the phone.
Key features of the NT400 include:
- Built-in Communications Assistant software with Voice Mail Assistant for managing messages on the phone's screen.
- Contacts Screen that presents contact information in a format that is easy to manipulate.
- Call Log Screen with caller ID data for incoming, outgoing and missed calls.
- Calls Screen that shows handling options for connected calls (record, conference, transfer, etc.).
- Chat Screen for sending and receiving text messages to and from other NT400 users.
- Company Portal Screen that enables business users to access delivery schedules, order-tracking software and other intranet applications while speaking with a customer.
- The NT400 phone supports wireless Bluetooth headsets and features 48 programmable soft keys, an Easy Navigation Key for fast one-touch access to phone functions and Power over Ethernet capability, which allows data and electrical power to be transmitted over an Ethernet cable. Connections include two Ethernet ports, a USB port, an SD card slot and a headset jack.
On September 23, 2010, Panasonic announced that the KX-NT400 IP network telephone received a 2010 Best Electronic Systems Technologies (BEST) Award from CEPro, a leading trade magazine covering the custom electronics business. The phone was chosen by a panel of industry experts, custom electronics integrators and the editors of CEPro as one of the most noteworthy and innovative products of the year in the Digital Phone System/Dedicated Intercom product category.